Top 10 Busy Season Tips!
We have hit our busy season! If you want to work you can! We need you to help us keep you busy!
- Be sure to update your availability weekly
- Keep your cell phone on and check it often! So you don’t miss out on texts and phone calls.
- Make sure you license is renewed on time and is in an active status.
- Call the offices we assign you to! This serves as confirmation for you and office. Confirm arrival time, patient start time, color of scrubs, directions, , parking, lunch etc.
- If you are working in an office that uses our payroll services, please complete a timesheet and take a copy with you! The office should fax it to us by the next business day!
- Once you accept an assignment, please do your best to keep your commitment. Last minute cancellations can be difficult to replace during our busy times. If you have an emergency that will prevent you from reporting to your assignment, please call the office immediately, if no answer, leave a message and then call Lisa on her cell at 614-354-1189.
- Give your best on every assignment! You never know when a temporary assignment could turn into a permanent position!
- If there are any changes to your personal information please let us know. ( exp: name, address, email, phone number, bank account information changes) We may not be able to contact you or pay you if we do not have all the correct information on file!
- Refer us to your friends and co-workers! Pass our information onto other dental professionals!
- Be prepared. Carry a spare set of scrubs. You never know when you might need them.
Filed under: News & Events by Dependable Dental Staffing Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014
Comments Off on Top 10 Busy Season Tips!
WHAT IS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS?
WHAT IS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS?
I received a resume from an email address this week that prompted me to ask this question. I wasn’t even sure if I was going to open it.
The email came from 1HOTBABE@….
I thought to myself does this candidate realize that her resume may not even be opened with an email address like this.
When sending your resume to an office or staffing agency for review I want you to think about a few things.
1. Your email should be professional and not playful. Using your name in the email address is always a good thing. Using RDH, or EFDA, DDS, or CDA is fine but please don’t send an email address from FOXYRDH@….
I use the following email address for non-business related correspondence with my daughters school. There is no question that the email is from me. It won’t be mistaken for spam.
2. Think about setting up an email address just for your job search? This will help you with organization. You can check it daily for responses and know that you are not missing anything related to a potential job search.
3. When attaching your resume label it with your name. This will help the person opening it and saving it to their computer easily do so. It is less likely to misplaced. LRagerEFDAresume.
We don’t want your resume to be overlooked or get lost when you are sending it out. So take the time to think about how you are representing yourself. You will be glad you did!
Filed under: News & Events by Dependable Dental Staffing Friday, February 7th, 2014
Comments Off on WHAT IS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS?
You have heard the saying “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you!”
Many of you are friends with me on facebook. I just wanted to remind you that it is probably not a good idea to speak about the office you work for in a negative way.
First of all, it is just not professional.
Earlier this week I saw a post by a staffer about how awful her boss is to work for.
I immediately went to her personal page to see where she was employed.
I thought to myself I certainly hope her boss doesn’t see this and if he or she does, I hope they have policies in place to deal with it. I thought to myself, If I can see it, I wonder how many potential patients can see it?
Some offices have it clearly stated in their office manual that if you speak negatively on facebook about the office you will be terminated.
We all have bad days. It’s ok to state you had a bad day at the office, but be careful that you “don’t bite the hand that feeds you” and lose your job over what you post!
Filed under: News & Events by Dependable Dental Staffing Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014
Comments Off on facebook FoPaux!
LISA SPEAKS ABOUT LIFE & LOSSES
Life has a way of teaching us important lessons! This past year I have learned a lot! If you have missed the Newsletters that we typically send out, I apologize. I just couldn’t bring myself to work on a newsletter.
In June of 2012 one of our best friends, and the Godfather of our daughter was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. With a prognosis of 3-4 months to live he was determined to fight this terrible disease. We lost him On August 7, 2013. Paul Lemire was 43-years-old. His wife who is my best friend, lost her partner and soul mate. What I learned “Life just isn’t fair.”
Then in November of 2012, my mother lost her battle with Alzheimer’s disease. Losing Mom was difficult. The person affected most by the loss of my mom, was my Dad. He spent most days with her in the nursing home where she was being cared for. My Dad’s health has gone downhill since losing Mom. I spend a lot of time taking care of the man who took care of my mom!
The biggest thing I took from these two losses was that we never know what life will bring. We have no guarantee of tomorrow.
I decided to figure out what really matters to me in life. I cherish every moment I have with the people I care about. I’m learning to take better care of myself and listen to my body! I’m trying to let go of past hurts and grudges because life is way too short!
I have been very fortunate to have a wonderful staff who have worked very hard to take care of all of you while I dealt with these 2 difficult losses.
Both Brenda and Allison have taken great care of the business. I can’t thank them enough for how they have been there for me and for all of you!!!
In closing, I want to remind you to take time to carve a pumpkin this Halloween, roast some seeds and enjoy your friends and family while you can!
Filed under: News & Events by Dependable Dental Staffing Wednesday, October 30th, 2013
Comments Off on LISA SPEAKS ABOUT LIFE & LOSSES